You can download free, ready to run native installers for Windows, OS X and Linux, virtual machines and Azure and Amazon EC2 images. You can also now launch a free cloud demo server with the BitNami Cloud Launchpad by clicking the launch button below.
Ben van 't Ende, the TYPO3 community manager, was kind enough to answer some questions for those of you who may not be familiar with the project.
1. What is the goal of the TYPO3 application?
TYPO3 is an enterprise-class, Open Source CMS (Content Management System), used internationally to build and manage websites of all types, from small sites for non-profits to multilingual enterprise
solutions for large corporations.
2. What are some of the main features of TYPO3?
- Powerful extension framework. With the API-based framework in TYPO3, you can quickly extend your own website using best practices.
- Large extension repository. There are thousands of extensions from the community available for forms, newsfeeds, blogs, and much more.
- Multilingual. The backend supports more than 30 languages, and the frontend can support as many languages as you need through localization.
- Multi-site management. With one central TYPO3 installation, you can setup and manage multiple sites that can share users, extensions and more.
- Granular permissions control. TYPO3 allows for individual user or group rights for entire websites, individual pages, subdomains, or even for extensions and specific content elements.
- Extensive documentation. TYPO3 already has a large library of online documentation, tutorial videos, and books available in multiple languages.
More on: http://typo3.org/about/features/
|TYPO3 welcome page|
3. Which projects or organizations are using TYPO3 currently? What kind of projects do they use it for?
TYPO3 is largely used in enterprise environments, municipalities and large-scale universities. These companies use TYPO3:
- Deutsche Bank
- Sony Entertainment
- American Express
- Amnesty International
- and many more http://t3blog.com
4. What do you expect will be the main benefits of having BitNami packages available for TYPO3?
Having TYPO3 CMS available as a BitNami app offers an easy way for new users to discover the feature set and opportunities with TYPO3 on the one hand, but on the other hand it also supports experienced web-developers in terms of easy prototyping on a flexible and scalable infrastructure in addition. The cloud functionality is perfect to launch new website campaigns on the fly in combination with the various extensions and tools that are available and ready to use for TYPO3 CMS.
We are glad TYPO3 is now part of BitNami. Would you like your favorite app to be part of BitNami? Be sure to suggest and vote for it in our contest!