The main features of PHP 5.6.0 include:
- Constant scalar expression
- Variadic functions and argument unpacking using the ... operator
- Exponentiation using the ** operator
- Function and constant importing with the use keyword
- phpdbg as an interactive integrated debugger SAPI
- php://input is now reusable, and $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated
- GMP objects now support operator overloading
- File uploads larger than 2 gigabytes in size are now accepted
In addition to that, we have also upgraded our PostgreSQL-based development environments for PHP: LAPP for Linux, MAPP for OS X and WAPP for Windows.
Easily test whether your application is ready for PHP 5.6! Check out Bitnami AMP/APP stacks and post your feedback in our community forums.