ERPNext is an open source integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application.
It gives you all the features you need from an ERP out-of-the-box, while also being easily customizable. It is written in Python and uses MySQL for its database, both of which are included in the Bitnami Stack. ERPNext also offers the the following features:
- A familiar-looking desktop for any smartphone user that gives quick access to all features.
- Track iopportunities, prepare quotations, and record orders and shipments.
- Communicate with individual customers via email or send newsletters.
- Automatically raise material requests, send purchase orders to suppliers, and record purchase receipts.
- Plan your production and material requirements using the production planning tool.
- Bill customers and record supplier invoices.
- Define and allocate tasks for projects and record billable hours with time logging.
- Track attendence, allocate time off to employees, and manage time off requests.
1. What is the goal of the ERPNext application?
The goal of ERPNext is to provide small and medium sized businesses with a platform that is easy to use and comprehensive. ERPNext aspires to be the “Wordpress” of open source ERPs in the sense that the platform should be easy to setup and use, stable, and also well designed.
2. What are some of the features of ERPNext?
ERPNext is a very comprehensive application and helps companies in services, manufacturing, retail and distribution manage their financial accounting, inventory, HR and payroll, manufacturing, CRM, selling and purchasing, projects and much more.
It is designed from the ground up for the internet and is very intuitive to use. All ERPNext “documents” have features like sharing, attachments, permissions, comments, and email integration that we use all the time.
3. Which projects or organizations are using ERPNext currently? What kind of projects do they use it for?
ERPNext is used by more than 500 companies across the world. Most of them are small and medium sized businesses from various domains. The variety of these business is always astonishing. ERPNext users include companies like a Y-Combinator backed ink and dye maker (http://www.inkodye.com/) based in the United States, a mom-and-pop store in the Netherlands selling dog food (Dogs Love It), a machine tool manufacturer based in India (Rohit Industries), a consumer electronics company based in the Philippines (Union Global), a multi-chain retail company based in Dubai (Office One), Egypt’s top glass manufacturer (City Glass), a printing company in Australia (McLean Images), and a large mobile phone distributor in Nigeria (Xavier). There are a whole bunch of users we would love to showcase. There are many more great users you will bump into at our user forum at https://discuss.erpnext.com
4. What do you expect will be the main benefits of having Bitnami packages available for ERPNext?
I think having ERPNext at BitNami would mean that users can setup ERPNext even more quickly. ERPNext already has a decent installation tool called the bench, but users will now even not have to go through it. Also the Open Source ERP space is evolving very fast and having more alternatives will be great for the user community.
ERPNext is now ready to install in a few clicks with the Bitnami ERPNext Installers (
You can try ERPNext launching a free cloud demo server. If you are interested you just have to click on the following button to create a 1 hour free server:
Want your favorite app to be part of the Bitnami Library? Vote for it in our monthly contest!