We're happy to announce a new version of Bitnami Solr Stack:
Apache Solr is a fast search platform from the open source Apache Lucene project. Solr makes use of Lucene, a powerful search engine framework, and includes an http-wrapper around the robust framework so it is ready-to-use out of the box. Features include full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document handling, and geospatial search. Solr is used by some of the largest companies in the world to power search on their public projects.
A few of the major changes in this new version include:
- Improved defaults for "Similarity" used in Solr, in order to provide a better default experience for new users.
- Improved "Similarity" defaults for users upgrading: DefaultSimilarityFactory has been removed, the implicit default Similarity has been changed to SchemaSimilarityFactory, and SchemaSimilarityFactory has been modified to use BM25Similarity as the default for field types that do not explicitly declare a Similarity.
- Deprecated GET methods for the schema are now accessible through the bulk API. The output has less details and is not backward compatible.
- Users should set useDocValuesAsStored="false" to preserve sort order on multi-valued fields that have both stored="true" and docValues="true".
- Deprecated SolrServer and subclasses have been removed, use SolrClient instead.
- Filter support added to Real-time get.
- Column alias support added to the Parallel SQL Interface.
- New command added to switch between secure/non-secure mode in zookeeper.
- Now possible to use IP fragments in replica placement rules.
- And many more features that you can find on the Solr Website.
With Bitnami, you can deploy a ready-to-run Solr 6 Stack with just one click. To get started, choose from our all-in-one free native installers (for Linux, Windows and MacOSX), virtual machines and Cloud Images for Amazon EC2, Azure, Digital Ocean, vCloud, 1&1 and Google Cloud Platform.