Friday, August 3, 2012
Updated BitNami Django Stack Includes the Latest Security Fixes
While our focus at BitNami is on ease of use, we never want to sacrifice security and strive to always provide you with the latest stable and most secure versions of the applications that we package. Two days after the release of the latest Django version, v.1.4.1, which includes several several security fixes, we are happy to announce the release of an updated BitNami Django Stack which includes the latest Django version. As always, the BitNami Django Stack is available free of charge as a native installer, VM and AMI for the Amazon Cloud. We are also working on updating our Django-based stacks (Review Board, OSQA and Pootle).
We have also taken this opportunity to update the Python interface to Amazon Web Services (boto) to the latest version (currently 2.5.2). Several important new features are included in this release, such as:
- Support for IAM Roles for EC2 Instances
- Added support for Capabilities in CloudFormation
- Spot instances in autoscaling groups
- Added tenancy option to run_instances
- Support for Amazon Cloudsearch Service.
- Support for Amazon's Marketplace Web Service.
- Latency-based routing for Route53
- Support for new domain verification features of SES.
A full list of recent improvements in the Python interface to Amazon Web Services is available on the project wiki.